THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Day Of Expectation

            As a young boy I would look forward to the second Saturday in November as if it was Christmas morning.  I would go to bed early in hopes that daybreak would come quicker than usual.  No we did not celebrate Christmas early nor any of the Jewish holidays.  It was the first day of squirrel season, or as my uncle cy would say, “Bushy Tail Season.”
            The Friday before, the season would find me at my Dad’s hunting camp.  Now, it wasn’t much of a camp, just an old green trailer with no running water nor electricity, but for a young twelve year old boy it was the best place this side of Heaven.  Day break would find me with my back up against a hardwood tree looking up into the nearest old oak tree with eyes of expectation of the first movement of the morning.  Before long the sound of my 20 gage would echo through those hard wood trees and with that sound the season had begun.
            Those days of expectation are 40 years gone, but I can still say those were the best hunts I have ever been on.  Thanks to my Dad and Uncle Cy.  They have both passed on from this life now, but those memories will follow me all the days of my life.  I have got to close this a little short today, I am on my way to the hospital for my first Grandbaby to be born.  Life goes on!
 
Scripture of the Month:
Proverbs 22:6
Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it. (NLT)
 
Thought of the Month:
Introduce a child to squirrel hunting and allow them the opportunity at a young age to experience this sport we call hunting.
 
Hunting Tip of the Month:
Make short shots with your bow to help keep your form in between those trips to your local archery range.

0 comments: