THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hitting The Target


Hitting the Target

I saw a Charlie Brown cartoon several years ago that has stuck with me and still makes me laugh. Charlie Brown had bought a bow and was in the back yard shooting it. Linus walked up behind him and noticed every time Charlie Brown would shoot his bow he would then walk up and draw a circle around the arrow. Then he would celebrate his success on hitting the target.
As a bow hunter I know that will not work. When I lived in Ochlawaha, FL, I had a small tower in the back yard to practice off of. After months of shooting I became a fairly good shot at 40 yards. After the season arrived I found myself in a pine tree in the Ocala National Forest. When I say pine tree I mean literally the only pine tree in a young pine plantation. I had never been to the spot and a friend of mine placed me there in the dark on his way to a really nice spot. Lesson one learned, don’t always trust a buddy. (ha-ha) As day broke I had a doe walk with-in 20 yards of my single pine tree. In my mind this doe was already on the grill. I drew down for an 18 yard kill shot, only to sit down after the 4th arrow and watch the doe looking around wondering what had just happened. To this day I am not sure what happened, but just as Charlie Brown I had missed the target.
As a believer in the Most High God I sure am glad we don’t have to hit the target or measure up. We are just sinners saved through faith and covered by His Grace!

Scripture of the Month:
“For by Grace are ye saved through Faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.” Ephesians 2:8

Thought of the Month:
I wonder how many of us are drawing a circle around our targets in life and asking God to bless them, instead of asking God what target would you like me to shoot for.

Hunting Tip of the Month:
When bow hunting, take aim on the HAIR you want to shoot and not just at the deer.

0 comments: